I’m Michelle — it’s so nice to meet you!
What if you could create the simpler, stress-free, intentional life you’ve always dreamed of?
What would your life look like?
Magical? Creative? Purpose filled? Happy?
The Classy Simple Life is for the woman committed to finding simplicity in all areas of her life while still enjoying the beautiful things. You know, those luxuries you know you can’t live without. It’s for the woman who knows who she wants to be but may be struggling to pull that lifestyle together, find her path, or start that biz she’s always wanted.
The Classy Simple Life is a lifestyle. A lifestyle that promotes simplicity and mindfulness. A lifestyle that focuses on fewer, better things. A lifestyle where you focus on becoming the best version of you – happier, healthier, and wealthier.
A lifestyle I live every day and I’m here to help you do the same.
My mission with this blog is to provide practical solutions to help you live intentionally and with purpose. And to provide inspiration and encouragement so you can live your best life and be the woman you know deep down you want to be.
I’m Michelle. I’m a writer, photographer, and minimalist lifestyle blogger.
I’m an expert change maker.
I’m all for self-mastery and living your best life.
In 2009, I left behind 50% of excess stuff with divorce. I lost 20 pounds, purged my negative thoughts, and self-limiting behaviours. I made a conscious effort to move my life forward and improve myself. I started travelling the world solo and learning to enjoy the places I visited – the epitome of slow travel.
In 2015, after 16 years of an unfulfilling 9-5 corporate career, I was let go. (Sales + Introvert = awkward!)
It was your typical blessing in disguise.
So I said goodbye to corporate and I became an accidental entrepreneur (and part-time barista).
I took the blessing, purged more stuff, and decided to never go back to corporate and to follow my dreams of being a creative entrepreneur.
I now have money and time to follow the passions I love — art, design, wordsmithery, and travel.
Simplifying wasn’t easy. In fact, it’s an ongoing process. But I wouldn’t trade anything in the world for the slower, happier, less stressful life I now lead.
MORE FUN FACTS ABOUT ME…
- I’m 41 and am regularly mistaken for a 30-something (YAY!).
- In the personal finance community, I’m a SINK – Single Income, No Kids (or significant other for that matter!).
- I believe in chic, colourful, feminine minimalism — no stark white rooms here.
- I’m a reformed shopaholic turned minimalist. I believe clearing out the clutter is the first step in creating a life you love.
- I’m an INFJ and was super successful in sales and marketing (16 years worth – yikes!). One day, I’ll tell all the introverts the secret.
- I’ve traveled the world solo, raced cars (and fixed them), learned to ride a motorcycle, flown in a helicopter over glaciers, been white water rafting, ATVing, snowmobiling, and witnessed the GOAT – Roger Federer win the French Open in Paris, France — live and in person.
Let’s take this simple living journey together
- Debate the best of simple living and improving life on Twitter.
- Inspire each other with beautiful imagery on Instagram.
- Create a life vision on Pinterest.
Here’s a few of my fave posts to get you started.
- Beginner’s Guide to Minimalism
- 6 Signs You’re Ready for a Simpler Life
- 5 Simple Living YouTubers You Need to Follow
- How Gratitude Led Me to a Simpler Life