Books to live by.
(Last Updated: November 4, 2020)
Books have had a profound impact on my life. They’ve been there to help me through a divorce, job loss, manifesting what I desire, and improving my mindset. I’m a voracious reader and you can usually find me with a book in hand (or handbag) wherever I am. I’ve divided these lists into what I’m currently reading and my list of all-time life-changers (categorized by life areas). Enjoy!
This page will be updated regularly, so check back often!
*Please note as an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from links on this page/site.
Current Reading Lists
What I’m reading now
- How Women Rise: Break the 12 Habits Holding You Back from Your Next Raise, Promotion, or Job by Sally Helgesen, Marshall Goldsmith
November 2020 list | Theme: Completions, Transitions and Letting Go
- The Gifts of Imperfection (10th Anniversary Edition) by Brene Brown
- The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith by Gabrielle Bernstein
- The Calling: 3 Shifts to Stay True, Get Paid and Do Good by Rha Goddess
- Devotions: The Selected Poems of Mary Oliver
Favourite Reads of 2019
- The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday
- A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
- Light is the New Black by Rebecca Campbell
- Tribes by Seth Godin
- The Bullet Journal Method: Track the Past, Order the Present, Design the Future by Ryder Carroll
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- The Empath’s Survival Guide: Life Strategies for Sensitive People by Judith Orloff, MD
- Super Attractor by Gabrielle Berstein
- Stillness is the Key by Ryan Holiday
All-time recommended reading lists
Divorce and relationships
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass by Mandy Hale
- Getting Past Your Breakup by Susan J. Elliott
- The Law of Divine Compensation by Marianne Williamson *this book began my spiritual journey back in 2014!
- A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson
- The Four Doors by Richard Paul Evans
- Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- May Cause Miracles by Gabrielle Berstein
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- The Source: The Secrets of the Universe, the Science of the Brain by Tara Swart
- Intuitive Being: Connect with Spirit, Find Your Center, and Choose an Intentional Life by Jill Willard
- Rising Strong by Brene Brown
- Medical Medium Liver Rescue by Anthony William
- Medical Medium Thyroid Healing by Anthony William
- Oh She Glows Everyday: Quick and Simply Satisfying Plant-Based Recipes by Angela Liddon
Money & Abundance
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Ecker
- Prince Charming Isn’t Coming: How Women Get Smart About Money by Barbara Stanny
- Worry-Free Money: Stop Budgeting, Start Living by Shannon Lee Simmons
Minimalism & Mindfulness
- The Minimalist Home by Joshua Becker
- Wherever You Go, There you Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn *perfect for beginners to mindfulness!
Creativity & Business
- What Got You Here, Won’t Get You There by Marshall Goldsmith *first business book I ever read that up-levelled my career!
- Women, Work & the Art of Savoir Faire: Business Sense & Sensibility by Mireille Guiliano
- #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso
- The Firestarter Sessions by Danielle Laporte
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Still Writing: The Perils and Pleasures of a Creative Life by Dani Shapiro
- Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott
- Everybody Writes by Ann Handley
Elegance & Style
Interested in everything I read? You can find me on Goodreads.
Are you a publicist or author who would like me to review your book? Contact me here.